Los Angeles Clippers co-owner Shelly Sterling

Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen Reageren Kinderen van de BSD | foto's van de BSD:    Pagina 1 van 1

17-12-2018 03:01:53 BerichtOnderwerp: Los Angeles Clippers co-owner Shelly Sterling
zhanjiao1212

Reageren met citaat

LOS ANGELES -- Los Angeles Clippers co-owner Shelly Sterling would remain close to the organization under terms of the pending sale to former Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer, according to two individuals close to the negotiations. Authentic Derrick White Jersey . The individuals, who are not authorized to speak publicly, told The Associated Press the $2 billion deal allows for up to 10 per cent of the team -- or $200 million -- to be spun off into a charitable foundation that Shelly Sterling would essentially run. The deal was negotiated by Shelly Sterling after husband Donald Sterlings racist remarks to a girlfriend were publicized and the NBA moved to oust him as team owner. One of the individuals said Shelly Sterling and Ballmer would be co-chairs of the foundation. The individuals said the foundation would target underprivileged families, battered women, minorities and inner city youths. "To benefit those on the receiving end of Donalds rather abhorrent remarks," one individual said. The idea to allow Shelly to continue some role was floated early on by her attorney, Pierce ODonnell -- neither he nor Shelly Sterling responded to a request for comment -- and it was enthusiastically agreed to by the NBA. "The NBA was all over it in terms of support," one of the individuals said. "It gave her a meaningful role and stake in the team, and gave the NBA 100 per cent sale of the team." However, the NBA made clear she wouldnt be involved with the basketball franchise. "It is not accurate that Mrs. Sterling will have a role with the Clippers or stake in the team," NBA spokesman Mike Bass said. Donald Sterlings attorney, Maxwell Blecher, did not comment. But its unclear if this deal will ever materialize as Donald Sterling still had not signed off on the deals terms because the NBA would not agree to revoke its $2.5 million fine and lifetime ban, according to one of the individuals. Sterling had agreed to sell the team Wednesday and drop his $1 billion federal lawsuit against the NBA assuming "all their differences had been resolved." But now hes considering continuing the suit after being told by intermediaries the NBA wont budge on the punishments doled out by Commissioner Adam Silver after Sterlings racist comments were publicized. Donald Sterlings consent to his wifes potentially record-breaking $2 billion deal was the first sign of an end to weeks of uncertainty. The NBAs owners must approve the deal. Donald Sterlings comments to V. Stiviano included telling her to not bring black people to Clippers games, specifically mentioning Hall of Famer Magic Johnson. They resulted in a storm of outrage from the public and players and even prompted President Barack Obama to comment on what he called Sterlings "incredibly offensive racist statements." Silver ultimately decided to ban Donald Sterling for life and began efforts to force Sterling to sell the team. Donald Sterlings federal lawsuit alleges that the league violated his constitutional rights by relying on information from an "illegal" recording that publicized racist remarks he made to a girlfriend. It also said the league committed a breach of contract by fining Sterling $2.5 million and that it violated antitrust laws by trying to force a sale. For weeks, Donald Sterling said through his attorneys that hed fight the NBAs attempt to oust him as a team owner. But last week Shelly Sterling utilized her authority as sole trustee of The Sterling Family Trust, which owns the Clippers, to take bids for the team and ultimately negotiate a deal with Ballmer. Under the deal Shelly Sterling would also get the title of "owner emeritus" and be entitled to continuing perks such as floor seats, additional seats at games and parking. One of the individuals said the deal also includes conditions that allow Ballmer to buy back the 10 per cent portion of the team for a pre-designated price upon Shelly Sterlings death. "All the proceeds go to charity, its not going to go to her," an individual said. "Shes walking away with a $2 billion check. Thats enough for her." Authentic Bruce Bowen Jersey . "I knew it was gone. I mean, I felt it," the 2012 NL Rookie of the Year said. "I havent felt like that in a while. I havent got extension on a ball in a pretty long time. Wholesale Spurs Jerseys Authentic . Players suspended during the season for a performance-enhancing drug violation will not be eligible for that years post-season. In addition, discipline will increase from 50 games to 80 for a first testing violation and from 100 games to a season-long 162 for a second. A third violation remains a lifetime ban. http://www.cheapspursjerseysauthentic.com/ . New York then missed its next six shots and scored only two points the rest of the night. The Los Angeles Clippers defence and the Knicks general ineptitude both played a role in the unsurprising finish to a meeting of two teams headed in opposite directions.When youre in Toronto, what are some of the things you like to do? I know you like to bike around Toronto.For sure, my first time in Toronto was in 1997 when I was in high school. The thing I remember about 1997 was all the underground tunnels we got to go through. The next time I got to go Toronto was 2006. I enjoy riding bikes, the rental bikes, I think it used to be called bike share it used to be known as Dixie for a number of years. Ive also spent time up there in Yorkville for the film festival. Ive been to Kensington Market. I enjoy walking up and down Queen a ton; I enjoy the boutiques and shopping and also some of the sneaker sports west of Spadina. I just enjoy being around the city; I think its one of the great cities certainly in North America and in the world.Sticking on the topic of shoes, you have a shoe vault?I do, I have a shoe vault in my house just a concrete room. We put a vault there on it just to top off the look.How many sneakers do you have? Whats your favorite pair?I have around 400 sneakers. Most of them are Jordans, I got some of my Air Jordans when I was in high school and my first pair were black and white patent leather concord 11s which came out in 1996 and I still have those in the original box. I have my original Air Jordan 4s from 1989 that I kept, but those are obviously falling apart and crumbling. Ive also collected a number of pairs that I like since than as well.Sticking with Canada, youre a big fan of Avril Lavigne, no?Yeah I am. Great Royals win & perfect concert to top off the night! Be good @brian_littrell @skulleeroz & @kevinrichardson #BSB pic.twitter.com/jRnAhwohfr — Jeremy Guthrie (@TheRealJGuts) June 8, 2014I really enjoy her music. Shes one of those artists, one of four people, that Ill actually go to the store and buy their record. The four are Avril Lavigne, I really enjoy The Backstreet Boys, I really like Justin Timberlake and Justin Bieber. Ill go buy all of their music, the hard copies. Avril is one of those artists I can listen to all of her songs on all of her albums, and I have them all. Her voice is unique and I really enjoy her music.Whats your go-to Avril song?I like all of the albums, they are all different, so the most recent album Avril Lavigne my favorite song by far on that one is Falling Fast.Its a slow song, one of those ballad type songs that I really like when she has those. Going back toGoodbye Lullaby, I really like the song I Love You.When you get a chance to listen to the songs, she has so many great records that every album I appreciate all of them.Shes been getting a lot of flack for the Hello Kitty song, critics have been calling it racially insensitive, what are your thoughts on it?I didnt take it that way [laughs], and ironically Im half Japanese. I didnt take it offensively. One thing I do know about her is that whenever she goes over to Asia and she performs shes over there in front of huge sell out crowds and arenas, I know that shes really appreciative of her fans over there. I dont know how exactly how you would take it, but when I first heard it, it seemed like she was writing it for her fans overseas. Its a catchy song.Whats your go to Bieber song?Oh man, all of them, theres not a bad song on any of the albums. Before games Ill usually pop in All Around The World, As Long as You Love Me or Boyfriend on occasion. Actually, one of my favorite songs hes done is the one hes recorded with Chris Brown. Obviously hes had his struggles outside of music, but in terms of just the music, I definitely think hes come up with some of his best songs on his latest albums.So what about The Backstreet Boys, is that a band you grew up with and its just stuck with you through the years?When The Backstreet Boys had just become popular in the U.S, they were already popular in Europe prior to their arrival here in North America, they had just come out with As Long As You Love Me, right as I was graduating high school in 1997. That song was catchy and they released a few more singles when I was in college and I got to here it a bunch. Than I moved to Spain, and over there I heard a bunch more of their music, and around that time thats when Millenium came out and although I wasnt in the U.S., I heard and saw a lot about them and they released more albums that I enjoyed. I was intrigued by them and watching them be interviewed and talk, they just seemed like a good group of guys.. Authentic Dennis Rodman Jersey. .Do you ever take any flack from your teammates regarding your music taste?Oh yeah, all the time [laughs]. I appreciate the fact I can listen to the music I like with my kids and listen in front of anybody and although they may not like it, you cant really be offended by it. Where as a lot of the music my teammates like is music that you wouldnt probably play anywhere outside of a clubhouse or in your headphones because it can get a little bit rough.Whos got the worst music taste on the team?For sure [Royals outfielder] Jarrod Dyson. I cant even listen to their songs, whenever their songs come on I tell them "That was my favorite song, please play it again," and they actually take me seriously and replay it and its like the worst song Ive ever heard.You had some words for Fifty Cent after that pitch, what did you think of it? @50cent Ummm, 50? Clearly that pitching lesson did absolutely NOTHING for you tonight! Time to regroup haha. pic.twitter.com/q5oejhPGEZ — Jeremy Guthrie (@TheRealJGuts) May 28, 2014Well, it was terrible, really bad. You just take for granted that someone can put a ball in their hand, be it a baseball, softball or any type of ball, and that they should be able to throw it somewhat straight. Mechanically, they may look funny, they may have a funny arm motion or whatnot, but it just seems it would be relatively simple or elementary to be able to throw it straight. So to see how that came off of his hand, the trajectory towards the camera man, it was just really funny. It was so bad I was wondering if he was just joking or if he wanted to make it funny, because if it was just to be funny it was really good. If it wasnt than it was pretty bad.What pitching advice would you give him?Practice, you need to practice [laughs]. If thats what you got youve got practice a bit more.If you werent playing baseball what would you be doing?Id like to design shoes. Thats what I always wanted to do. Im not real artistic but Id like to think that if someone else could help me or I could tell them yes or no on what things I like. I always planned on working for Nike, which was kind of my childhood dream. Whether its an actual shoe design or just retail or advertising, its something Im passionate about and I would love to dedicate time and thought towards a job involving sneakers and the growth of a brand I really appreciate.What would a Jeremy Guthrie sneaker look like?Hm.. Im not totally sure. It would probably have patent leather, thats one of my favorite materials that they put on any of the shoes. I just recently learned that Nike has this big book with hundreds and hundreds of different materials that you can put on different shoes, and I never knew that. You get kind of used to seeing the same ones over and over, whether its a safari print, patent leather or flywire which weve seen more recently on shoes. So Im not totally sure what the shoe would look like but Id certainly mix in some of the different materials that youre not accustomed to seeing as often.What would someone be surprised to know about you?They would be surprised to know that in fifth grade I was Oregon State chess champion and that in sixth grade my four-man team competed in the national tournament in Westchester County, New York, where we placed eighth out of more than 300 elementary six grade and younger chess teams.Changing topics a bit, are you a big movie guy?Im relatively diverse, my favorite movie, which will probably make you laugh its kind of like my favorite music its a little bit different, is probably Serendipity with Kate Beckinsale, John Cusak and Jeremy Piven.I love the story of it, I love the humor and I dont mind seeing Kate Beckinsale in the movie either. I also like A Few Good Men, Back to the Future and The Social Network, the latter I was fascinated with the storyline and how they tell it, and I thought it was so well done, Justin Timberlake and the other actors were amazing in it. I really like Iron Man, I dont really care for the sequels, but the first one if probably the best action hero movie in my opinion.What other sports are you a big fan of?I love basketball, I played it growing up and I also love American football. I cheered for the Los Angeles Rams in Football, and the Chicago Bulls in basketball.Jeremy also shared some of his favorite pictures hes taken when hes been in the Toronto area. Check them out: Authentic Nike Tampa Bay Buccaneers Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Tennessee Titans Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Washington Redskins Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Arizona Cardinals Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Denver Broncos Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Green Bay Packers Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Los Angeles Chargers Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike New England Patriots Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Oakland Raiders Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Seattle Seahawks Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Carolina Panthers Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Cleveland Browns Jerseys Cheap Cheap Throwback Baseball Arizona Diamondbacks Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Atlanta Braves Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Baltimore Orioles Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Boston Red Sox Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Chicago Cubs Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Chicago White Sox Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Cincinnati Reds Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Cleveland Indians Jerseys ' ' '
Terug naar boven
Profiel bekijken Stuur privébericht

Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen Reageren Kinderen van de BSD | foto's van de BSD:
Vorige onderwerp
Volgende onderwerp
Berichten van afgelopen: