First-round draft pick Nikita Scherbak is doing everything h

Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen Reageren Kinderen van de BSD | Ik zoek:    Pagina 1 van 1

02-01-2019 04:04:38 BerichtOnderwerp: First-round draft pick Nikita Scherbak is doing everything h
zhanjiao1212

Reageren met citaat

First-round draft pick Nikita Scherbak is doing everything he can to crack the Montreal Canadiens roster, but admits its a difficult task for a first-year player. Scott Stevens Jersey . "Its very hard, a lot of pressure, a lot of people watching, but Im alright right now," Scherbak told reporters after the second day of the Canadiens development camp in Brossard, Quebec. Scherbak said his goal is to make to it to the NHL this season, but ultimately the decision will be left to the coaching staff. "Its hard work and well see," said Scherbak. "I cant say I already know (who will make the roster), its the coaches opinion… Its a big pressure for me, but Im trying to play next season, Ill try everything to make it to the NHL." The 18-year-old acknowledged he has areas of his game he needs to improve on in order to play at the top level. "I play pretty well in the offensive zone, but I need to work on defensive zone and compete level with the puck." The native of Moscow, Russia said his favourite player in the league also hails from his home country. "I think Pavel Datsyuk is my favourite player. When I was young, I watched him every time, he was my favourite." Scherbak, who joined the WHLs Saskatoon Blades last season, said hes been working on his English and has used television to help him improve. "I like SportsCentre, I watched just sports like NHL games, NBA games and everything about sports." Undrafted forward Jiri Sekac has also been given his shot with the Montreal Canadiens and he plans to make the most of it. Speaking to reporters following the second day of the development camp, Sekac told reporters he believes he earned his shot with the team through strong play overseas. "I had a really, really good season (in the KHL), and I think thats the reason why I received so many offers," Sekac said. Sekac added that he had been given roughly 10 offers, but narrowed his list to four top-level teams before signing a two-year entry-level contract with the Canadiens. The 22-year-old said he made the decision to join the Canadiens based on his knowledge of the franchise and a visit to the city of Montreal following the World Hockey Championship. He did, however, admit to having a connection with Canadiens forward Tomas Plekanec, though the Czech centre made no impact on his decision. "I didnt really know (Pleakanec), but two years ago, we started playing roller hockey together back in Kladno (Czech Republic), because were from the same town. We didnt really talk about Montreal, though he told me a few things. But it was just my decision (to join the Canadiens), I wasnt making the decision because of someones opinions," Sekac said. Sekac told the media that he hopes he is "really close" to making the NHL, but admitted no player has an easy road to making it immediately. When asked what he thought of Canadiens general manager Marc Bergevin mentioning his name amongst three players he believed could fill a spot on the wing in the top nine of the Canadiens lineup, Sekac said hed "do his best to fill the spot" and added he hoped Bergevin was right. Sekac spent the last three seasons playing with Prague Lev of the KHL, finishing second on the team in points with 11 goals and 17 assists in 47 games. Taylor Hall Jersey . According to MMAFighting.com, MacDonald needs an x-ray on his right ankle and doctors clearance to fight or he will be subject to a mandatory medical suspension that will end on August 22, 2014. Miles Wood Jersey . The Los Angeles Clippers showed them just how ugly that life could be. Jared Dudley scored a season-high 21 points, Chris Paul added 16 points and 17 assists, and the Clippers jumped all over the Bulls in Roses absence for a 121-82 victory Sunday. http://www.officialdevilsfanstore.com/authentic-michael-mcleod-devils-jersey/ . -- Canadian ski cross star Marielle Thompson accomplished two goals in one race Saturday.MADRID - A rested and hungry Real Madrid will find a promoted Cordoba feeling confident for their match in the Spanish league on Saturday.Madrid has had no midweek match to expend energy on, and has a chance to stay ahead of second-place Barcelona, with a game in hand.But Cordoba wont be a pushover. It has risen from out of the drop zone to mid-table this month, with two of its three wins in the league.Elche, two places above the relegation zone, welcomes Barcelona, and Atletico Madrid hosts Rayo Vallecano in a capital city derby that will fill Vicente Calderon Stadium and keep police extra vigilant on Saturday.Here are some things to know about this weekends matches:___RESTED REAL: Getting knocked out of the Copa del Rey has meant Cristiano Ronaldo will be well rested for the visit to Andalucia.When Cordoba visited the Santiago Bernabeu in August for the first match of the season, Ronaldo was held at bay by the defence until the 90th minute. Then he unleashed a powerful right-footed shot from 25 yards that bounced just in front of goalkeeper Juan Carlos Martin Corral before ricocheting in off the post.Of his 36 goals this season, 28 have come in La Liga.The other goal in Madrids 2-0 win was by Karim Benzema.HISTORIC WELCOME: Spain was still under the military dictatorship of Francisco Franco the last time Cordoba welcomed Madrid.Hencce, Saturday will be a historic occasion at Nuevo Arcangel Stadium, even though French-born Algeria forward Nabil Ghilas tried to play down the significance of the clash. Pavel Zacha Jersey. Its a week like any other, we have to work and do everything we can to try and come away with something positive, Ghilas said.I expect Madrid will attack a lot, and we will strive to take advantage of counterattacks.Coached by Miroslav Dukic, Cordoba began this season disastrously with a run of 13 league games without a win, but a 1-0 victory against Athletic Bilbao in December turned its luck.BATTERED ELCHE: Barcelona has won five consecutive matches in all competitions, but its midweek 1-0 Copa quarterfinal win thanks to a late penalty against Atletico was laboured.Coach Luis Enrique hopes to steady the team, and an away win at Elche will remind everyone that Barcelona is still in contention for a treble.Saturdays match will be the third time the teams have met in a month, with Barcelona having battered Elche twice in the Copa for a 9-0 aggregate.BATTLE FOR FOURTH: Valencia can leapfrog Sevilla into fourth place after their Sunday matchup. A single point separates them at the halfway point of the league, although Sevilla has a game in hand.However, Sevilla came away bruised after a 3-1 defeat at Espanyol in the Copa del Rey on Thursday. Cheap Throwback Baseball Detroit Tigers Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Colorado Rockies Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Houston Astros Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Kansas City Royals Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Los Angeles Angels Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Los Angeles Dodgers Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Miami Marlins Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Milwaukee Brewers Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Minnesota Twins Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball New York Mets Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball New York Yankees Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Oakland Athletics Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Philadelphia Phillies Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Pittsburgh Pirates Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball San Diego Padres Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball San Francisco Giants Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Seattle Mariners Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball St. Louis Cardinals Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Tampa Bay Rays Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Texas Rangers Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Toronto Blue Jays Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Washington Nationals Jerseys ' ' '
Terug naar boven
Profiel bekijken Stuur privébericht

Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen Reageren Kinderen van de BSD | Ik zoek:
Vorige onderwerp
Volgende onderwerp
Berichten van afgelopen: