MIAMI -- A punchless offence in the final two games kept the

Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen Reageren Kinderen van de BSD | Ik zoek:    Pagina 1 van 1

02-01-2019 04:34:23 BerichtOnderwerp: MIAMI -- A punchless offence in the final two games kept the
zhanjiao1212

Reageren met citaat

MIAMI -- A punchless offence in the final two games kept the Miami Dolphins out of the post-season, and theyll have a new play-caller in 2014. Samuel Morin Jersey . Offensive co-ordinator Mike Sherman was fired Monday, the first change by the team since the holiday collapse. Coach Joe Philbin defended Sherman the day after the season, but owner Stephen Ross was expected to demand some sort of shake-up following the dismal finish. Sherman joined the Dolphins when Philbin was hired two years ago, and the two have been close for more than 30 years. But this season Shermans unit ranked 27th in the NFL in yards, allowed a franchise-record 58 sacks and scored once in its final 24 possessions. The Dolphins (8-Cool would have made the playoffs if they had won one of their final two games against the Bills and Jets. Instead, they were beaten by a combined score of 39-7. Other changes in Philbins staff are possible, and offensive line coach Jim Turners status remains in doubt. The line was the focus of a bullying scandal that mushroomed at midseason and left the Dolphins without two starters, and the NFL has yet to release a report on its investigation into the case. Philbin thanked Sherman for his contributions in a brief statement announcing the firing. "Mike has been a mentor to me throughout my coaching career, dating back to 1979," Philbin said. "He is a man of great integrity, dedicated to his family, his team, his players and his profession. On behalf of the entire Miami Dolphins organization I want to wish Mike and his family the very best in the future." Sherman has a six-year relationship with quarterback Ryan Tannehill dating to their days at Texas A&M, where Sherman was Tannehills head coach. Tannehill won the Dolphins starting job in training camp as a rookie in 2012 and showed considerable progress this year until the final two games, when he played poorly. "Coach Sherman and I have a great relationship," Tannehill said in a statement released by the Dolphins. "He has made significant contributions to the Dolphin organization, and I am very grateful to have had the opportunity to play for him for the last six years. I learned so much about football and life in that time, and for that I am forever grateful." While Tannehill threw for 3,913 yards and 24 scores this season, Shermans play-calling came into question because of the teams pass-run imbalance. Miami passed the ball 65 per cent of the time, third-highest in the NFL, and had games where they rushed for 2, 14, 20 and 22 yards. The Dolphins have missed the playoffs five years in a row and havent won a post-season game since 2000. Philbin is 15-17 in his first head-coaching job. Wayne Simmonds Jersey . Join World Soccer Pickem 2014 for your chance to win $5,500 in cash prizes by picking the winner of each game all the way through to the tournament final. Will you ride a favourite such as Spain or Germany, or cast your lot with an underdog like Ivory Coast or Mexico? Perhaps key victories from Netherlands or the United States will be your key to victory. Jakub Voracek Jersey . Each day, TSN.ca provides the latest rumours, reports and speculation from around the NHL beat. Defensive Depth TSN Hockey Insider Pierre LeBrun is reporting the Toronto Maple Leafs have considerable interest in unrestricted free-agent defenceman Dan Boyle. http://www.officialflyersfanstore.com/authentic-radko-gudas-flyers-jersey/ . -- Andrew Wiggins is from Canada, Wayne Selden from Massachusetts and Joel Embiid from the African nation of Cameroon.CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- Kicker Graham Gano believes hes found a home in Carolina. Gano became the first of Carolinas 20 soon-to-be unrestricted free agents to re-sign with the Panthers on Friday, signing a four-year contract. Financial terms were not released. "Im really excited to be back in Carolina," Gano said. "It is where my family and I wanted to be. I love the organization and feel this is the best place for me." The 26-year-old Gano is coming off a successful season, converting 24 of 27 field goal attempts while helping the team to a 12-4 record and the NFC South title. He set a franchise record and tied for the NFL lead with six made field goals from 50 yards or more. He was the only NFL kicker with three or more attempts from 50 yards or more without a miss from that distance. "The special teams unit was a large part of our success last year and we are excited to keep Graham as a part of our team," Panthers coach Ron Rivera said in a news release. "Graham has shown range and accuracy in his field goal kicking, and his strong leg has been a weapon for us on kickoffs." Of his 82 kickoffs, 76 reached the end zone, including 63 for touchbacks, the highest percentage in the NFL since 1994. A five-year NFL veteran, Gano spent his first thhree seasons with the Washington Redskins. Christian Folin Jersey. He has converted 92 of 118 field goal attempts in his career. Gano tied the NFL record for most overtime field goals in a season with three in 2010, a mark previously accomplished by John Kasay for Carolina in 2003 and Jason Hanson for Detroit in 1994. Gano feels like he has some stability on the team, which has helped his game. "When I was in Washington I went through four holders and that took some getting used to," Gano said. "I finally got comfortable there and made my last 14 of 17 field goals. Ive carried over that consistency to Carolina." Gano said he was celebrating the new deal by taking his son to Chic-fil-A. Carolinas other unrestricted free agents include quarterbacks Derek Anderson and Jimmy Clausen, wide receivers Domenik Hixon, Brandon LaFell and Ted Ginn Jr., tight end Ben Hartsock, offensive linemen Geoff Hangartner, Travelle Wharton, Garry Williams and Bruce Campbell, defensive end Greg Hardy, defensive tackle Colin Cole, linebackers Jordan Senn, Jason Williams and Dan Connor, safeties Quintin Mikell and Mike Mitchell, and cornerbacks Captain Munnerlyn and Drayton Florence. Cheap Throwback Baseball Detroit Tigers Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Colorado Rockies Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Houston Astros Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Kansas City Royals Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Los Angeles Angels Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Los Angeles Dodgers Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Miami Marlins Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Milwaukee Brewers Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Minnesota Twins Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball New York Mets Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball New York Yankees Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Oakland Athletics Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Philadelphia Phillies Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Pittsburgh Pirates Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball San Diego Padres Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball San Francisco Giants Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Seattle Mariners Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball St. Louis Cardinals Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Tampa Bay Rays Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Texas Rangers Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Toronto Blue Jays Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Washington Nationals Jerseys ' ' '
Terug naar boven
Profiel bekijken Stuur privébericht

Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen Reageren Kinderen van de BSD | Ik zoek:
Vorige onderwerp
Volgende onderwerp
Berichten van afgelopen: