PORTLAND, Ore.

Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen Reageren Kinderen van de BSD | Ijzer Lüdenscheid    Pagina 1 van 1

08-01-2019 06:42:19 BerichtOnderwerp: PORTLAND, Ore.
zhanjiao1212

Reageren met citaat

PORTLAND, Ore. Cheap Nike Vapormax Ireland . -- Wesley Matthews didnt know whether to be frustrated or relieved over the Trail Blazers overtime victory over Milwaukee. Matthews had 26 points, including a key 3-pointer in overtime, and Portland withstood the tenacious Bucks 120-115 on Tuesday night. "We put ourselves there," Matthews said about the threat from Milwaukee. "But we got ourselves out." Robin Lopez added 15 points and 14 rebounds for the Blazers, who had been in a funk with losses in five of their last six games. Portland (44-24) has also struggled with the absence of injured forward LaMarcus Aldridge. The Blazers pulled it out with a surge in overtime. The teams 22 points in the extra period was a franchise record. Brandon Knight had 24 points and Ramon Sessions added a season-high 23 for Milwaukee, which lost its fifth straight. The Bucks (13-55) are just 2-24 against the Western Conference. Despite the worst record in the NBA, the Bucks gave the Blazers trouble for most of the game. There were 23 lead changes in regulation, and neither team was able to pull ahead by double digits. "We could have come and laid down -- our record is our record -- but we kept fighting and well continue to fight and try to grow as a team," Sessions said. Sessions, acquired by the Bucks at the trade deadline, had a chance to win it with a jumper at the buzzer, but he was off and the game went to overtime tied at 98. Portland scored the first two baskets in the extra period, but Khris Middleton hit a 3-pointer and ZaZa Pachulia made a layup to give the Bucks a 103-102 lead. Matthews basket and layup put Portland back in front before Lillard dunked and hit a long jumper to make it 109-103. Middletons pull-up jumper closed the gap for the Bucks, until Mathews 3 made it 112-105. Middleton added another jumper with just over a minute to go but Milwaukee couldnt catch up. "Since the trade deadline theyve been a pretty good offensive team," Matthews said, "but that doesnt excuse us. Weve got to come out with more urgency." Mo Williams had a season-high 23 points off the bench for Portland and Lillard, who got off to a slow start, had 20 points -- 15 of which came in the fourth quarter and overtime. Lillard said that perhaps the Blazers were overconfident going into the game because of Milwaukees rough season. "Theres nothing wrong with going into the game thinking youre going to win," Lillard said. "But thats an NBA team over there." The Blazers, who sit in fifth in the Western Conference, were without Aldridge for the third straight game because of a lower back contusion. He is also likely to miss Thursdays game at home against Washington. Portland led 52-47 at the half but Milwaukee kept up and narrowed it to 67-66 on Knights short jumper before going ahead on Giannis Antetokounmps basket. Sessions short jumper extended the lead. The Blazers led 75-72 going into the final quarter but Sessions made back-to-back jumpers to give the Bucks an 84-81 lead with 8:11 left. Matthews answered with a 3-pointer for the Blazers, before Lopez scored on a layup and a free throw to give Portland an 87-84 advantage. Lillard hit a 3-pointer that gave the Blazers a 96-92 lead with 1:58 left. After free throws from Knight, Ersan Ilyasove made a layup to even the score at 96 with 48 seconds to go. Lopez appeared to tip in a shot, but the basket was waived off as boos filled the Moda Center. Sessions missed two of four free throws before Lillards layup tied it again at 98 with 4.9 seconds on the clock. "The guys played really hard for four quarters, even in overtime," Bucks coach Larry Drew said. "I thought we did some really good things. I told them after the game I was really proud of their effort." Notes: The Blazers downed the Bucks 91-82 in Milwaukee on Nov. 20. That snapped a four-game Milwaukee winning streak in the series. ... Portland coach Terry Stotts was head coach of the Bucks from 2005-07. ... O.J. Mayo did not play for the fifth straight game for the Bucks. ... The 22 points in overtime surpassed Portlands franchise record of 19 reached twice. ... Lillards 18th point in the game was his 3,000 in 150 career games as a Blazer. ... Nicolas Batum finished with 21 points, 9 rebounds and 9 assists for the Blazers. Nike Vapormax Sale . Many of those eyes are in the United States of America, a country that the sport has wanted on its side for some time. On Sunday the football Gods delivered once again, only this time it was time for good old USA to experience as much heartache as joy. Nike Vapormax Free Shipping . CHAUNCEY BILLUPS (Pistons): Yes they got Josh Smith and Brandon Jennings in the off-season and Andre Drummond is a beast (teams are kicking themselves for passing on him - he rebounds and block shots every game - thats two more discernable and significant skills than most guys in his draft class), but dont for a second discount the impact of having a savvy veteran like Billups on your team. http://www.vapormaxireland.com/ . -- C.J. Cron hit an RBI single on the first pitch he saw in the major leagues, doubled his second time up and hit a tiebreaking RBI single in the sixth inning to lead the Los Angeles Angels to a 5-3 victory over the Texas Rangers on Saturday night.DUNEDIN, Florida – Heres what we know when it comes to exactly who will fill out the back of the Blue Jays season-opening starting rotation: We dont know. At the moment, neither do the decision-makers. Dustin McGowan is front-and-centre in this ongoing saga, having thrust himself into the conversation with a dominating three-inning performance against the Phillies on Thursday, just hours after manager John Gibbons appeared to pour cold water on the notion. Heres part of Gibbons conversation with the media from that day: QUESTION: "So it seems like (McGowans) more in the bullpen picture then?" GIBBONS: "Yeah, yeah. Unless he comes out of nowhere and you know." Then, later: QUESTION: "How concerned are you if he went the route and got the innings needed to be a starter, worried about injury with him?" GIBBONS: "Well, me personally, I was concerned about that. Not everybody was, but I was, because thats where hes had his problems. We think hes beyond that kind of stuff. And, I thought he thrived in the bullpen, I thought that was a good role for him. But he had desire to do it, a lot of people had desire to see if he could do it. Myself, personally, I kind of had some reservations." On Saturday, Gibbons clarified his stance, saying hes always left the door open to McGowan beginning the season in the rotation. "Im concerned about his health but I didnt say we had to have him in the bullpen," said Gibbons. "That hadnt been determined yet. Did I officially say he was in the bullpen?" McGowan wants to be a starter. Hes expressed as much on repeated occasions dating back to the end of last season. But the 31-year-old, whose multiple shoulder surgeries have sidetracked a promising career, admits to having his own hesitations. Hes topped out at 47 pitches this spring, the Thursday outing, and plans to throw 65 pitches in a minor league game on Tuesday. "Its going to be tough, I think," said McGowan. "Anytime you increase by 15 to 20 pitches, its more stress and I havent done it in so long Im kind of eager to see how I feel after." As of Saturday morning, McGowan hadnt spoken with Gibbons or pitching coach Pete Walker about whats in store beyond Tuesdays appearance. If McGowan feels good the day after his next start, its believed the plan is to have him throw an 85-pitch outing in a minor league game on Sunday, March 30. "I have to try it to see if I can do it," he said. "I cant just say in my mind, oh I can do it or I cant do it. So well see. "Well have to see after the next one, after 65 how I feel," McGowan continued. "Its possible. It all depends on me." The fact that McGowan is even in the rotation conversation is reflective of a number of things: First, its a testament to the injury-riddled players resolve. McGowan hasnt been a regular starter in the big leagues since 2008. Second, J.A. Happ entered camp with a job in the rotation but three poor outings later (20.25 ERA) and uncertainty about the status of his back has cast a cloud of doubt; Esmil Rogers is better suited to a long relief role; Todd Redmond is a strike thrower who typically struggles after the first time through the oppositions lineup. Third, the failure to sign Ervin Santana, or acquire any major league-caliber pitching help via free agency or trade in the offseason, is forcing the Jays into a less-than-desirable decision. McGowan wont throw a bullpen session before Tuesday in the name of resting up. "Thats one of the things were kind of discussing," he said. "Would it benefit me more to throw one or not to throw one, to have more days in between to rest? I believe well kind of try both at some point to see if I feel better not doing it or if I need a bullpen. Nike Vapormax Ireland. Its no big deal though." Regardless of whether hes a starter or a reliever, McGowan is poised to break camp with the Blue Jays for the first time since 2008. Theres still a week to go, though, and McGowans been through enough injuries to know he cant take anything for granted. "Weve still got a little bit to go in spring training so lets not jump ahead here," he said, pretending to knock on wood. Hutchison tosses gem Drew Hutchison pitched seven innings of one-hit, one-walk baseball in a minor league game on Saturday morning. The 23-year-old still hasnt officially secured a job in the starting rotation, although its difficult to believe the impending announcement is anything but a mere formality. "It was good to get stretched out, get 80 pitches and get up-and-down seven times," said Hutchison. "Those were the two most important things out of the outing." Its been a rewarding spring for Hutchison, whose positive results reflect the hard work he put in to rehabbing from Tommy John elbow ligament replacement surgery. General manager Alex Anthopoulos pursued pitching help in the offseason, both via trade and free agency, but failed to secure an arm. Hutchison watched from afar, unconcerned about what he couldnt control. "Ive always thought I was a guy that could contribute," said Hutchison. "Regardless of what is being talked about anywhere else, it doesnt change the way I prepare for a season." Janssen on track Casey Janssen, recovering from soreness in the back of his pitching shoulder, threw one inning in a minor league game on Friday. The key is the so-called "bounce back," how a guy feels the morning after his outing. "Good," said Janssen. "Not too bad on the soreness. Those guys were scrappy down there and made me work a little bit. Its good to get a little sore. Its good to get some work in." While Janssen estimated he threw 21 or 22 pitches, the official line given to the media was 17 pitches and 10 strikes. In his one inning, he allowed a hit, walked one and struck out two. "I was kind of more pitching, not necessarily to a Double-A Philly team, it was how I would pitch in the game or knowing in a 2-1 count I might throw an offspeed pitch because thats what I going to have to do in two weeks," said Janssen. "It was just here it is, hit it and see what you can do with it. I was pitching and trying to put sequences together." Janssens shoulder pain was in a different spot – the back of the shoulder where the decelerator muscles are located – than last years post-surgery soreness. The plan is for Janssen to pitch in three spring games before opening day, including two appearances on back to back days. Reyes leaves early Shortstop Jose Reyes left Saturdays 9-4 win over the Tigers before the fourth inning. He experienced tightness in his left hamstring. Asked quickly whether he was concerned, Reyes said he was fine. Camp cuts The Blue Jays reduced their major league camp roster be three on Sunday, optioning OF Kevin Pillar to Triple-A Buffalo and reassigning 1B Dan Johnson and P Aaron Sanchez to minor league camp. Getting buzzed for good cause Todd Redmond will shave his head on March 26, all in the name of a good cause. Hes supporting Cut for Cure, which raises money in the fight against pediatric cancers. "Im going to shave my head to I think a Number One," said Redmond. "Im shooting for a Two just so I can have a little bit of hair on there." The aim is raise $50,000. Former Atlanta Braves great Chipper Jones is also involved. For more information, visit Redmonds Twitter page @redneckred34 or click on the this link. China NFL Jerseys Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys NFL Jerseys Cheap Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap Basketball Jerseys Online Stitched Hockey Jerseys Wholesale Baseball Jerseys Football Jerseys Outlet College Jerseys For Sale Cheap MLB Jerseys Wholesale Soccer Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys For Sale Wholesale NFL Jerseys ' ' '
Terug naar boven
Profiel bekijken Stuur privébericht

Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen Reageren Kinderen van de BSD | Ijzer Lüdenscheid
Vorige onderwerp
Volgende onderwerp
Berichten van afgelopen: